Splunk Search

Drilldown for transaction search time range not correct

tbrown
Path Finder

I have a panel on my dashboard that is a list of transactions. I edited the drill-down to link to the search of the transaction when I click on one of the transactions on the panel. However, the search that it links to does not show the transaction successfully because the time range is not set correctly. The search gets the beginning time of the transaction correct, but it sets the end time as only 1 second after the beginning time. How do I change this automatic 1 second interval in the search to a 2 minute interval?

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The answer probably lies in generating tokens for the drilldown as part of the search drilldown, e.g.

<drilldown>
  <eval token="latest">relative_time($row._time$,"+2m")</eval>
</drilldown>

but that will depends on what your data looks like and the result set, but hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...