Splunk Search

Dots/gaps in timechart when using sum(packets) by destination

splunklearner12
Path Finder

When I use "(base search) | timechart sum(packets) by destination useother=f usenull=f", I get gaps in my timechart:

alt text

When I use a longer time frame of 1 day, I also get gaps:
alt text

In another timechart, I have the exact same base search and just "| timechart sum(packets)", and it has no gaps. I found that when I add "by destination" to this one, it also gets the gaps/dots.
As far as I can see on https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.0/SearchReference/Timechart timechart should convert null values to 0 by default...
Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

under visualization -> click format -> general tab -> click on connect in "Null Value" line

see attached screenshot
alt text

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

under visualization -> click format -> general tab -> click on connect in "Null Value" line

see attached screenshot
alt text

0 Karma

splunklearner12
Path Finder

Thank you for that simple solution. I found the second option called "Zero" looked nicer though!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...