Splunk Search

Does the Elasticsplunk app no longer exist?

splunkcol
Builder

Hello,

I have noticed that the Elasticsplunk app no longer exists https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3493 I do not know if you know what the reason is or if it was updated by another APP I would appreciate if you could inform me.

At this moment I need to use that APP or the one that allows me to use the query with the "ess" command.

If possible it would help me a lot which are the configuration files that I have to modify both on splunk and Elasticsearch side.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkcol
Builder

After investigating, the elasticsplunk plug-in has indeed disappeared.

After version 8.1 splunk moved from Python 2 to python 3 since then all apps should be on that version of python.

What I did was to install a version prior to Splunk 8.1 and copied and pasted the elasticsplunk folder that I got from a github repository and it worked correctly.

In this case I have clear that I can not ask for support because I am working with a very old version of splunk and for which there is no support anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunkcol
Builder

After investigating, the elasticsplunk plug-in has indeed disappeared.

After version 8.1 splunk moved from Python 2 to python 3 since then all apps should be on that version of python.

What I did was to install a version prior to Splunk 8.1 and copied and pasted the elasticsplunk folder that I got from a github repository and it worked correctly.

In this case I have clear that I can not ask for support because I am working with a very old version of splunk and for which there is no support anymore.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@splunkcol - Either Splunk or the App developer can give an accurate answer why it has been removed. Because generally Apps are being archived when it is replaced with something else and not removed all together.

But you can try searching for Elastic search related integration and there are many other available on Splunkbase that you can see if it solves your purpose.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps?keyword=elastic

Kindly upvote if you find it useful!!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...