Splunk Search

Do the resulting files from a "dump" command have a TTL?

actionabledata
Path Finder

Do the resulting files from a "dump" command have a TTL? I think they must since the files I created on Friday no longer exist.

Here is the search I am using to create the files.

index = “myIndexName” sourcetype=”mySourcetype” myFilterField IN(123ABC, 456DEF, 789GHI)
| dump basefilename= ABCCorp_06-06-22_0800_01330_ rollsize=1000 compress=5 format=raw
| table *

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

actionabledata
Path Finder

Thanks Jamie.

Yeah, I saw that and made the same assumptions but couldn't find a definitive answer. Through a few not-so-scientific experiments, I found the TTL to be longer than 15 min but less than 3 hrs ... but the files DO go away.

Thanks, Greg (ActionableData)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jamie00171
Communicator

Hi @actionabledata 

Based on where the documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.6/SearchReference/Dump#Usage

states they are stored: "$SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk/dispatch/<sid>/dump/

I'd assume they have the same TTL as the rest of the search artifacts which is believe is 15 minutes by default for an ad-hoc search or 2 times the scheduled period for a savedsearch. 

Thanks, 

Jamie

actionabledata
Path Finder

Thanks Jamie.

Yeah, I saw that and made the same assumptions but couldn't find a definitive answer. Through a few not-so-scientific experiments, I found the TTL to be longer than 15 min but less than 3 hrs ... but the files DO go away.

Thanks, Greg (ActionableData)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...