Splunk Search

Dividing a value by 1000

prathapkcsc
Explorer

My search looks like this
base search | rex ".?(?[^,]+),\s?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+)"

| eval Total_Disk=Total_Disk/1000
| table _time server NODE Count CPU Total_Disk Used_Disk Total_Memory Used_Memory

Here, I am dividing the Total_Disk by 1000. But, in table statistics Total_Disk not printing any values.
How to get the data according to my requirement.
Thank You

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How about this?

base search| rex "^\s*(?<server>[^,]+),\s*(?<NODE>[^,]+),\s*(?<date>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}),\s*(?<time>\d{2}\:\d{2}),\s*(?<Count>\d+),\s*(?<CPU>[^,]+),\s*(?<Total_Disk>[^,]+),\s*(?<Used_Disk>[^,]+),\s*(?<Total_Memory>[^,]+),\s*(?<Used_Memory>\S+)"  
   | eval Total_Disk=tonumber(Total_Disk)/1000 
  | table _time server NODE Count CPU Total_Disk Used_Disk Total_Memory Used_Memory

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How about this?

base search| rex "^\s*(?<server>[^,]+),\s*(?<NODE>[^,]+),\s*(?<date>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}),\s*(?<time>\d{2}\:\d{2}),\s*(?<Count>\d+),\s*(?<CPU>[^,]+),\s*(?<Total_Disk>[^,]+),\s*(?<Used_Disk>[^,]+),\s*(?<Total_Memory>[^,]+),\s*(?<Used_Memory>\S+)"  
   | eval Total_Disk=tonumber(Total_Disk)/1000 

prathapkcsc
Explorer

Perfect !
Can you explain that ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I initially started with fixing the regex, but I believe that was not the issue. The issue could be the wrong case used in Total_Disk field name (used Total_disk instead of Total_Disk), in the last query you posted.

0 Karma

prathapkcsc
Explorer

That one i tried, no result came.
You changed the regex by adding \d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})
I don't understand,what it does?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

\d is for digits. I basically explicitly provided format of date and time fields. I kike to be specific where I can.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

My guess is field Total_Disk is not extracted (value is null). So try running this to confirm if the value is extracted or not. If not (field Total_Disk is null/blank), paste your sample event and query again (and make sure you select the query and click on Ctrl+K or "101010" button to apply code formatting).

base search | rex ".?(?[^,]+),\s?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+),\s*?(?[^,]+)" 
| eval Total_Disk1=Total_Disk/1000
| table _time server NODE Count CPU Total_Disk Total_Disk1 Used_Disk Total_Memory Used_Memory
0 Karma

prathapkcsc
Explorer
base search| rex ".*?(?<server>[^,]+),\s*?(?<NODE>[^,]+),\s*?(?<date>[^,]+),\s*?(?<time>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Count>[^,]+),\s*?(?<CPU>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Total_Disk>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Used_Disk>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Total_Memory>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Used_Memory>[^,]+)"  
 | eval Total_Disk=Total_disk/1000 

This is my search
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

base search| rex ".*?(?<server>[^,]+),\s*?(?<NODE>[^,]+),\s*?(?<date>[^,]+),\s*?(?<time>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Count>[^,]+),\s*?(?<CPU>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Total_Disk>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Used_Disk>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Total_Memory>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Used_Memory>[^,]+)"  
  | eval Total_Disk=tonumber(Total_disk)/1000 
0 Karma

prathapkcsc
Explorer

This is also not giving the results. Null values are coming.

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

is Total_Disk a field with values coming back before your rex command? after your rex command? what does the data look like before your eval statement?

0 Karma

prathapkcsc
Explorer

Total_Disk value coming after the rex command.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@prathapkcsc, Please re-post your search query with code button (101010) so that special characters do not get escaped. Would it be possible for you to add some sample events as well?

If possible use Splunk Interactive Field Extraction(IFX) instead of rex to make sure that field is getting extracted as you expect. You can also test your regular expression through IFX regex101.com. (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/ExtractfieldsinteractivelywithIFX)

prathapkcsc
Explorer
DataNode,Hadoop,2017-06-17,23:05,26, 0.18, 1149876, 7231, 251, 70.8462
Flume,Hadoop,2017-06-17,23:05,9, 0.23, 108345, 114, 125, 17.6667
ResourceManager,Hadoop,2017-06-17,23:05,2, 0.11, 22146,320, 125, 9
ZooKeeper,Hadoop,2017-06-17,23:05,5, 0.2, 63747, 977, 125, 10
Foyer,Hadoop,2017-06-17,23:05,2, 0.14, 22146,320, 125, 10.5
Splunk,Hadoop,2017-06-17,23:05,1, 0.06, 40959, 106, 251, 3

This is my sample data
0 Karma

prathapkcsc
Explorer
base search 
 |  rex ".*?(?<server>[^,]+),\s*?(?<NODE>[^,]+),\s*?(?<date>[^,]+),\s*?(?<time>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Count>[^,]+),\s*?(?<CPU>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Total_Disk>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Used_Disk>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Total_Memory>[^,]+),\s*?(?<Used_Memory>[^,]+)" 

| eval Total_Disk=Total_Disk/1000 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...