Splunk Search

Disable Automatic Field Extraction

Ricapar
Communicator

Automatic field extraction is probably one of my favorite perks of throwing data into Splunk... but interestingly enough, it's causing a bit of an annoyance in this case.

I have a log that looks more or less like this:

Time: 01/02/13 01:02:58 PM
Execution Time (ms): 0.234943
Statement Text: SELECT foo, bar FROM table t WHERE t.foo="blah" AND t.bar="something" 

Pretty straight-forward - but Splunk decided to extract key/value pairs from the SQL query. Above is a rather simple query.. but the real log contains some pretty large ones with column names all over the place, thus making the "X interesting fields" list HUGE and almost impossible to find the actual fields we want to extract.

1 Solution

Ron_Naken
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you don't mind extracting the KV pairs manually for this data, you can set KV_MODE=none in props.conf for the source/sourcetype.

View solution in original post

Ron_Naken
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you don't mind extracting the KV pairs manually for this data, you can set KV_MODE=none in props.conf for the source/sourcetype.

Ricapar
Communicator

Just what I was looking for - thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...