Splunk Search

Did anyonen else lose all of their "Splunk Answers" history?

bloizides
Observer

I am aware that answers.splunk.com has changed engines and is now community.splunk.com. The migration announcement states that user profiles would be migrated. Post history, responses, upvotes, etc...

I signed in (my password still worked) and found my account to be blank. Says I've been a member for 1 day, no posts, no upvotes, no history. Six (?) years of Splunk Answers history all gone. 

Is this expected behavior? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ppablo
Retired

Hi @bloizides 

I looked into your current and existing account, and I found an SSO ID mismatch issue. I can easily resolve this for you. I got your email that you sent to answers-support, and I just responded there to confirm final details before I can fix the problem. Just reply there when you get the chance and I'll get your login associated with your existing account migrated from Answers.

Thanks!

Patrick

View solution in original post

ppablo
Retired

Hi @bloizides 

I looked into your current and existing account, and I found an SSO ID mismatch issue. I can easily resolve this for you. I got your email that you sent to answers-support, and I just responded there to confirm final details before I can fix the problem. Just reply there when you get the chance and I'll get your login associated with your existing account migrated from Answers.

Thanks!

Patrick

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi ppablo,

How do you do?

I hoped to see you again in Las Vegas but..., I hope next year.

I've loose half of my Karma Points passing from Answers to Community:

I had 26,500 KPs and I was 13th in all time before changing,

Then I had 778 KP and I was 30th in all time after changing (then from June to today I took many other KPs but it's another thing).

Probably the problem was that (as you know) I changed my job and my account from "cusello" to "gcusello" and you passed my KPs from the old to the new account, but during changing, only the KP of the new account were counted.

How can I solve this problem?

I have a rank of "legend" but there's no reason to have this rank with my points, because there are many people with more points and a less level.

can you help me?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi Guiseppe

I'm doing ok! I was looking forward to seeing you at .conf20 in person as well, but hoping to at least see you virtually somehow in October.

I'll directly message you to work through the details of karma migration from your existing account, just to figure out if the merge done on the old site has anything to do with possible missing points.

As for your rank of "Legend", I hope you realize you are very deserving of that title as it's based on all things you do in the online community. Yes, there may be others with higher karma points, but the rank ladder looks beyond just karma (karma leaderboard only looks at karma so this doesn't determine the rank alone), such as total accepted solutions you've provided to the community and other data points.

I'll reach out soon to connect!

Patrick

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@bloizides,

Posts should have been migrated to the new platform. By any chance, do you have multiple accounts and you are using one of them?

Neverthless, we will let the admins know about your problem so that they can have a look.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...