Splunk Search

Datamodel use case

mag85032
Engager

How do we come to conclusion which Data Model will be applied to specific use case?

raw data like id: 8766899, timestamp:2020-08-31, host name: 
cdoqbice2929, status="rebooted", message=system has rebooted"

Can someone help with this?

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

data model is combination of similar events or combination of different types of events.

if your question is how to make part of which events to which data model then,  you first should understand event types to check which datamodel your data fits in.

if you are trying to fit it in existing datamodels of Splunk enterprise security, I don't think there is datamodel which is relavant to your data posted here.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

data model is combination of similar events or combination of different types of events.

if your question is how to make part of which events to which data model then,  you first should understand event types to check which datamodel your data fits in.

if you are trying to fit it in existing datamodels of Splunk enterprise security, I don't think there is datamodel which is relavant to your data posted here.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...