Splunk Search

Dashboard

uagraw01
Builder

 i want add Radio button in which i want setting that when i will select MFG host it will show all MFG host result and when i will select MSSQL host it will show only MSSQl result and hide the MFG host result. Please help out for this setting

IMG_20201021_160913.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kennetkline
Path Finder

Hello,

I understand you have two dropdown boxes;  

1.  MFG hosts (default all,  I assume behind the scenes you have a query that provides the list of the hosts that are MFG related.  I assume you have a query likewise for the MQSQL dropdown.

Then the Panel has the MSG hosts.  I really can't see going through work to try to hide unhide panels.  Depending on the querys used and if you can attach a sample source for the dashboard would help.

I would recommend the following approach:

if a single search that can be run to list all hosts both mysql/msg with a flag where you can set a variable say host_type or something.  then you could do a dropy down with static values for MSG and MySql set a variable $host_type$ .  Then the host dropdown has static all and will then filter to either MSG or Mysql based in where host_type=$host_type$

Then your panel would simply be called Hosts,  and same clause to list out any matching data using same type of filter where cluase host_type=$host_type$ to do something more.

I have shy'd away of doing radio buttons; and stick to drop down as layouts just don't look clean.

Hope this helps; if can post the source maybe can work it up and get you solved.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...