Splunk Search

Custom Apache Log RegEx

ctripod
Explorer

hello. I'll preference this with I'm not by any means a regex user.

I'm working with a custom Apache format that Splunk 6 is not extracting correctly. I'm just loosely trying to assign each Apache field an identifier so it will populate interesting fields.

LogFormat "%h %{forwarded}e %{host}i %t %D \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined

log-example
1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 host.domain.com [07/Nov/2013:21:59:49 +0000] 88040 "GET /api/v3/projects HTTP/1.1" 200 82 "referer_URL_here_because_ask_site_won't_let_me_post" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0"

I'm assigning the sourcetype on the UF as "access_custom". Here are my props and transforms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[access_custom]
TRANSFORM-format=apache_format

[apache_format]
REGEX=(.) (.) (.) [(.)] (.) \"(.)\" ([0-9]) ([0-9]) \"(.)\" \"(.)\"
FORMAT=remotehost::$1 clientip::$2 hostheader::$3 timestamp::$4 req_time::$5 url::$6 statuscode::$7 bytes::$8 referer::$9 user-agent::$10

thxs!

1 Solution

ShaneNewman
Motivator
[apache_format]
REGEX=([\d\.]+)\s([\d\.]+)\s([\w\.]+)\s\[(\d+\/\w+\/\d+\:\d+\:\d+\:\d+\s\+\d+)]\s(\d+)\s\"(\w\/\s\.)\"\s(\d+)\s(\d+)\s\"([\w\-]+)\"\s\"([\w\d\.\;\,\/\\\s\:])\\(\)"
FORMAT=remotehost::$1 clientip::$2 hostheader::$3 timestamp::$4 req_time::$5 url::$6 statuscode::$7 bytes::$8 referer::$9 user-agent::$10

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator
[apache_format]
REGEX=([\d\.]+)\s([\d\.]+)\s([\w\.]+)\s\[(\d+\/\w+\/\d+\:\d+\:\d+\:\d+\s\+\d+)]\s(\d+)\s\"(\w\/\s\.)\"\s(\d+)\s(\d+)\s\"([\w\-]+)\"\s\"([\w\d\.\;\,\/\\\s\:])\\(\)"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...