Splunk Search

Creating a chart based on time values, not epoch time

loatswil
Path Finder

Is it possible to create a chart using time values "4:53:43" vs. converting them to epoch time "1505930393"?

I'd like the Y-Axis to be time (3:41:32) - (6:43:21) and the X-Axis to be a name.

Basically these are race results and I'd like the chart to show the times of each participant. Do I have to convert the time value to a real number?

Thanks!

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @Ioatswil, if DalJeanis solved your problem, please don't forget to accept an answer! You can upvote posts as well. (Karma points will be awarded for either action.) Happy Splunking!

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Currently the vertical axes don't work that way on any of the viz that I'm aware of.

Two possible workarounds:

First, as you said, but divide the epoch duration by 3600 to get hours duration.

Second, flip the axes, where names are along the left, and race duration is the length of the horizontal bar. Change the mouseover to display the HH:MM:SS value.

0 Karma

sureshvenkatach
Observer

Can you share some sample query over here as I'm working similar kind of requirement. Please someone help on this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...