Splunk Search

Creating Pivot Chart from Lookup/.CSV file

jfellows

I am trying to create a pivot chart from static data stored in a .CSV file. The data is not time-dependent and I am using a lookup to import the data into Splunk. When I access the lookup using |inputlookup datafile.csv in the Search and Reporting App, I am able to view the data, but am given limited options when trying make visualizations out of the search. When creating a data model using this lookup, I get the message "This dataset is not pivotable".

Is there a way to make this lookup dataset pivotable? Is this not possible with lookups? Currently I'm able to create a visualization, but without the customization I'd like when using data that is added when uploaded or monitoring files.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

rfitch
Path Finder

I ran into this when clicking on the pivot button from the data model page. Once I moved out and clicked on Datasets, I was able to build my pivot.

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yea, datasets are probably a better fit. A lookup is now considered a dataset type actually. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Aboutdatasets#Lookups

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...