Splunk Search

Create a failed search job

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi, for a testing purpose, i would like to create a failed search job.. i did search for this, but no luck.. any suggestions please

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Write a scheduled saved search with an illegal eval statement or a macro that doesn't exist? That will then run and create a job failure - is that what you wanted?

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Thanks @bowesmana .. that works fine. 

@richgalloway .. i would like to run a search which will fail. 

Let me give more info.. in our clustered environment, at random times, user's search queries status in JOBS say "failed", but still continuous to run for very long time.. even for weeks. 

is there any way to clear these "failed jobs" please. 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@bowesmana gave a few good suggestions to create a job that will fail.

Search _internal to find failed jobs.

Kill a failed job at Activities->Jobs and then click the Stop icon for the appropriate job.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Suggestions for what, creating a failed job or searching for one?  What do you consider "failed"?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...