Splunk Search

Create Search for a Host who dont send Data for x minutes in the last 10 Days

mklhs
Path Finder

Hello,

i wanted to write a search which will return all hosts which have not sent any events for 10 minutes in the last 10 days.
Normally the servers send every minute.

0 Karma
1 Solution

mklhs
Path Finder

Hello Guys,

i got it with that query:

index= sourcetype= | eval age = (now() - _time ) | stats first(age) as age, first(_time) as LastTime by xxx | convert ctime(lastTime) as "Last Active On" | eval Status=case(age < 600, "running",age > 600,"Down"

with the last eval i have determined from when a server counts as not available for me

I hope it Helps someone

Thanks @renjith.nair

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mklhs
Path Finder

Hello Guys,

i got it with that query:

index= sourcetype= | eval age = (now() - _time ) | stats first(age) as age, first(_time) as LastTime by xxx | convert ctime(lastTime) as "Last Active On" | eval Status=case(age < 600, "running",age > 600,"Down"

with the last eval i have determined from when a server counts as not available for me

I hope it Helps someone

Thanks @renjith.nair

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@mklhs,

Try

| metadata type=hosts where index=* OR index=_*|eval delay=round((now()-lastTime)/60)|where delay >10| fields host,delay
Happy Splunking!

mklhs
Path Finder

Thank you!
but if I now have a time interval we say from last week Wednesday to yesterday how would I change the query? somehow that doesn't quite want to be me

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@mklhs,

Try this with time range

tstats count,max(_time) as _time where index=* by host | eval delay=(now()-_time)/60
Happy Splunking!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...