Splunk Search

Counting duplicates when filed equals value

alwinaugustin
Engager

I have the following scenario where duplicate accounts has been created for a transaction id value. I would like to count how many duplicates has been created and list it as a table. I compare the message with a string, which indicates the successful creation of the account. The current query is as follows:

index=myindex sourcetype=mysourcetype | spath message | search message="Account Created Successfully" |stats count by transactionId

I have the following format for logs

{ 
   level: info
   timestamp: 2021-08-02T05:58:44-04:00
   transactionId: 100200300
}

The above search query is not giving me the correct counts. I manually checked the logs for the transaction ID, but the `stats` count is wrong. How can I modify the query to get accurate counts ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @alwinaugustin,

Is fields message and  trasnsactionId are already extracted in your events? If not, you need to just use spath.

index=myindex sourcetype=mysourcetype "Account Created Successfully" | spath | stats count by transactionId

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...