Splunk Search

Corrupted fields problem

dunyaelbasan
Path Finder

I have a problem on this search below for last 25 days:

index=syslog Reason="Interface physical link is down" OR Reason="Interface physical link is up" NOT mainIfname="Vlanif*" "nw_ra_a98c_01.34_krtti"

Normally field7 values are like these ones:

Region field7 Date mainIfname Reason count
ASYA nw_ra_m02f_01.34pndkdv may 9 GigabitEthernet0/3/6 Interface physical link is up 3
ASYA nw_ra_m02f_01.34pldtwr may 9 GigabitEthernet0/3/24 Interface physical link is up 2

But recently they wee like this:

00:00:00.599 nw_ra_a98c_01.34_krtti
00:00:03.078 nw_ra_a98c_01.34_krtti

I think problem may be related to:

It started to happen after the disk free alarm. (-Cri- Swap reservation, bottleneck situation, current value: 95.00% exceeds configured threshold: 90.00%. : 07:17 17/02/20)
Especially This is not about disk, it's about swap space, the application finishes memory and then goes to swap use. There was memory increase before, but obviously it was insufficient, it is switching to swap again.
I need to understand: ''Why they use so many resources?''

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not clear what problem you're asking about. Is the problem with a Splunk search, your Ethernet interfaces, disk space, swap space, or memory use?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dunyaelbasan
Path Finder

Especially my purpose is trying to fix irrelevant values on my search results at field 7 side.
I've attached 2 screen shots for clarification.
alt text

alt text

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share some sample events (not just field7) and the props.conf settings for the sourcetype.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dunyaelbasan
Path Finder

I've attached the xample events, one from the normal situation, and one from the problematic situation.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IaswXnbWTORN0ES0NzL0ceDAHr4iIyS6?usp=sharing

inside of props.conf:

TRANSFORMS-ddos_routing = ddos_routing

TRANSFORMS-ddos_sourcetype_cloud = ddos_cloud

TRANSFORMS-ddos_sourcetype_host = ddos_host

TRANSFORMS-ddos_sourcetype_tms = ddos_tms

TRANSFORMS-ddos_sourcetype_profiled = ddos_profiled

TRANSFORMS-access_routing = access_routing

TRANSFORMS-access_sourcetype_switch = access_switch

TRANSFORMS-access_sourcetype_gpon = access_gpon

TRANSFORMS-access_sourcetype_router = access_router

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...