Splunk Search

Correlating Data from 2 Indexes

splunkcol
Builder

I have 2 indexes, one called linux and another called firewall, how can I correlate both indexes to determine if the src field (of the linux index) is equal to the UserIP field (of the firewall index)

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkcol,

let me understand: you have two indexes and you want to list all the IPs in both the archives indicanding if they are present in both or only in one, is it correct?

if this is your need, you could run something like this:

index=linux OR index=firewall
| eval ip=coalesce(src,UserIP)
| stats dc(index) AS dc_index values(index) AS index BY ip
| eval status=if(dc_index=2,"Both indexes",if(index="linux","Linux Index","Firewall Index"))
| sort ip
| table ip status

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkcol,

let me understand: you have two indexes and you want to list all the IPs in both the archives indicanding if they are present in both or only in one, is it correct?

if this is your need, you could run something like this:

index=linux OR index=firewall
| eval ip=coalesce(src,UserIP)
| stats dc(index) AS dc_index values(index) AS index BY ip
| eval status=if(dc_index=2,"Both indexes",if(index="linux","Linux Index","Firewall Index"))
| sort ip
| table ip status

Ciao.

Giuseppe

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkcol,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...