Splunk Search

Converting events data into metric using Mcollect

ssharma09
Explorer

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to convert events data into metric for CPU, Disk, Memory monitoring for Azure PAAS, using below command.
index=azure_data metric_name=cpu_percent
| eval metric_name=case(metric_name="cpu_percent", "%_Processor_Time")| eval _value=maximum
| fields host,metric_name,namespace,_time,_value
| eval prefix="Processor." | mcollect index=azure_metrics_summary prefix_field=prefix

*here I'm trying to use mcollect to send CPU data to summary index "azure_metrics_summary ". Query is running with no error but not showing _value field in the output and when I'm running below command to search metrics data , Not seeing any output.

| mstats avg(_value) count where metric_name="Processor.%_Processor_Time" index=azure_metrics_summary by host

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try using the metric explorer or analytics workspace to see if you can find the said metrics?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...