Splunk Search

Convert month field from csv in different format?

pgadhari
Builder

My csv file has  "month" field and the values are as below :

2020-10
2020-09
2020-08
2020-07
2020-06
2020-05
2020-04
2020-03
2020-02
2020-01

I want to convert the months from number to Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and so on... I tried using strptime, but that is not working. I want to show it as 2020-Jan, 2020-Feb, 2020-Mar... 

Please help , below is my query :

index=azure sourcetype=azure_total_cost source="C:\total_cost\\azure_total_cost_by_year.csv" month!="month" | eval mymonth=strftime(month, "%Y-%b")

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

Add a dummy "day" to the month and try converting it

|makeresults|eval month="2020-10"|eval nMonth=month."-01"|eval formattedMonth=strftime(strptime(nMonth,"%Y-%m-%d"),"%Y-%b")

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

pgadhari
Builder

Yes @renjith_nair . I am able to resolve the issue with the above query. Thank you very much for immediate respnose.

renjith_nair
Legend

Add a dummy "day" to the month and try converting it

|makeresults|eval month="2020-10"|eval nMonth=month."-01"|eval formattedMonth=strftime(strptime(nMonth,"%Y-%m-%d"),"%Y-%b")

Happy Splunking!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...