Splunk Search

Convert month field from csv in different format?

pgadhari
Builder

My csv file has  "month" field and the values are as below :

2020-10
2020-09
2020-08
2020-07
2020-06
2020-05
2020-04
2020-03
2020-02
2020-01

I want to convert the months from number to Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and so on... I tried using strptime, but that is not working. I want to show it as 2020-Jan, 2020-Feb, 2020-Mar... 

Please help , below is my query :

index=azure sourcetype=azure_total_cost source="C:\total_cost\\azure_total_cost_by_year.csv" month!="month" | eval mymonth=strftime(month, "%Y-%b")

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add a dummy "day" to the month and try converting it

|makeresults|eval month="2020-10"|eval nMonth=month."-01"|eval formattedMonth=strftime(strptime(nMonth,"%Y-%m-%d"),"%Y-%b")

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

pgadhari
Builder

Yes @renjith_nair . I am able to resolve the issue with the above query. Thank you very much for immediate respnose.

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add a dummy "day" to the month and try converting it

|makeresults|eval month="2020-10"|eval nMonth=month."-01"|eval formattedMonth=strftime(strptime(nMonth,"%Y-%m-%d"),"%Y-%b")

Happy Splunking!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...