Splunk Search

Controlling multiple charts using one PulldownSwitcher

keerthana_k
Communicator

Hi
My requirement is to provide a drop down box in my dashboard. Based on the value selected in the drop down, I need to display a selected list of charts (multiple charts). I tried to use Pulldown Switcher but it is controlling only one chart which we mention in the layoutpanel option of the module tag. Is there any way I can control multiple charts using a single Pulldown Switcher?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Group the multiple charts under a single common module. If there is no legitimate reason for the multiple charts to have a single common parent besides the LinkSwitcher itself, then you can use a NullModule to be the common parent.

then under the LinkSwitcher the NullModule can be the "active" module, and that will mean that all the charting XML underneat that NullModule will also become active and visible.

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Group the multiple charts under a single common module. If there is no legitimate reason for the multiple charts to have a single common parent besides the LinkSwitcher itself, then you can use a NullModule to be the common parent.

then under the LinkSwitcher the NullModule can be the "active" module, and that will mean that all the charting XML underneat that NullModule will also become active and visible.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...