Splunk Search

Configure Search Head Cluster Peers to search a single indexer vs. an indexer cluster 6.2.5?

lisaac
Path Finder

I have setup a 6.2.5 SH cluster. The SH cluster consists of 3 SHs and an additional host functioning as a SH deployer. I have successfully configured the SH cluster to communicate with an index cluster. What is the best way to add a single non-clustered indexer to a SH cluster? It looks like I would need to use the CLI and run the command splunk add search-server on each of the SH cluster members. Any thoughts from anyone?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, that is how I would do it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...