Splunk Search

Concat 2 or more search queries into single table

rite10privacy10
Explorer

Hello, I am a freshmen with splunk. 

I got a problem trying to concat two/more searches into 1.

pretty much my data looks like so 
{
     "TimeStamp": "\/Date(1630425120000)\/",
     "Name": "Plan-MemoryPercentage-Maximum.json",
      "
Maximum": 14
}
{
     "TimeStamp": "\/Date(1630425120000)\/",
     "Name": "Plan-MemoryPercentage-Average.json",
      "
Average": 14
}

both sets will have the same timeStamp for the entries and I just want a table that will have the matching time stamps and a column for max and a column for avg

so far I'm able to get a single table going that has a query that looks like 

Name="Plan-MemoryPercentage-Maximum.json" | table * | fields TimeStamp, Maximum | fields - _time, _raw
 but I'm really struggling to figure out how to concat 2 searches into 1 table anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hi @rite10privacy10 ,

Please try this:

index="mine" (sourcetype="Plan-MPercentage-Maximum.json" OR sourcetype="Plan-MPercentage-Average.json")

| stats values(TimeStamp) as Timestamp, values(Average) as Average, values(Maximum) as Maximum

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

S

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

rite10privacy10
Explorer

this is wat the query you wanted me to try looks like as a result. 

rite10privacy10_0-1630671812611.png
Edit: the thing is that know there is a value tied to each date so I'm not sure why some of the entries show nothing?

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hello,

I think I misinterpreted the output that you'd like to see from your query. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you expecting an output like this (I've filled the fields randomly as of now, but if you can show as to how you visualise the output when a few rows of the data, that would be great)?

IMG_20210903_195532__01.jpg

Once you confirm the desired output that you'd like to see, we can built the query accordingly.

Thanks,

S

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

rite10privacy10
Explorer

rite10privacy10_0-1630680937120.png

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Understood now. Please try something like this (May contain typos, so please edit the name of the fields as they are in your data):

index="mine" (sourcetype="Plan-MPercentage-Maximum.json" OR sourcetype="Plan-MPercentage-Average.json")

| stats values(sourcetype) as sourcetype, dc(sourcetype) as dcount, values(Maximum) as Maximum, values(Average) as Average by Timestamp

| where dcount = 2

| fields - sourcetype dcount

Thank you,

Shivanshu

***If this helped, please accept it as a solution. It helps others to find the solution for similar issues quickly.***

Thank you,
Shiv
0 Karma

rite10privacy10
Explorer

Sorry was not able to get that working still working on it took a break for a few days from it.

0 Karma

rite10privacy10
Explorer

Yes that's exactly what im looking for actually XD.

0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hello @rite10privacy10 ,

If the data is stored in the same index and sourcetype, please try something like this:

index=foo sourcetype=bar

| stats values(Maximum) as Maximum, values(Average) as Average, values(Timestamp) as timestamp by Name

If both sets of data are in the same Index, but different sourcetype, then:

index=foo (sourcetype=bar OR sourcetype=baz)

| stats values(Maximum) as Maximum, values(Average) as Average, values(Timestamp) as timestamp by Name

If you can share an image of the how you'd like to see rhe output, I can help you to refine the query more per your expectations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

S

***If this helped, please accept it as a solution. It helps others to find the solution for similar issues quickly.***

Thank you,
Shiv
0 Karma

rite10privacy10
Explorer

That didnt quiet work for me. it was missing values somehow. 

so like i got this
```
index="mine" (sourcetype="Plan-MPercentage-Maximum.json" OR sourcetype="Plan-MPercentage-Average.json")| table * | fields TimeStamp, Average, Maximum | fields - _time, _raw
```
and it looks like this 

rite10privacy10_0-1630665886415.png

because those timestamps are the same i want them to share a row not have individual rows

edit *   there would also be the chance i have to throw a minimum in there aswell.*

Edit: when i go into the visualization tab i see this 

rite10privacy10_0-1630667033827.png

were as i feel like if i had the maximum and average on the same row per unique date the graphs would be overlapping instead

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...