Splunk Search

Comparing results from two searches

dcparker
Path Finder

Hello,

I am trying to compare the standard deviation from the last 24 hours to the standard deviation of the last 3 hours. I have my search, which is basically this:

earliest = -24h@h latest = @h | timechart span=1h count | stats stdev(count) as test | append [ search earliest = -3h@h latest = @h | timechart span=1h count | stats stdev(count) as testsub ]

The search is working fine, but returns two rows. The problem is that only one field in each row is populated from the search. It looks like this:
alt text

However, I cannot compare those two values, I think because of the empty fields in each row. Is there a way to get these in the same row or a better way to compare them? I have tried eval, where, and a lot of different ways to compare them. Any help is appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kmattern
Builder

Make your subsearch appendcols instead of append. You'll get everything in one row.

earliest = -24h@h latest = @h | timechart span=1h count | stats stdev(count) as test | appendcols [ search earliest = -3h@h latest = @h | timechart span=1h count | stats stdev(count) as testsub ]

alt text

View solution in original post

kmattern
Builder

Make your subsearch appendcols instead of append. You'll get everything in one row.

earliest = -24h@h latest = @h | timechart span=1h count | stats stdev(count) as test | appendcols [ search earliest = -3h@h latest = @h | timechart span=1h count | stats stdev(count) as testsub ]

alt text

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...