Splunk Search

Comparing attendance info for two months (Feb and July)

msage
Path Finder

I want to create a chart showing the attendance between pre covid (February) and current covid (July) for one of our offices. This is my current search which gets me the data I need but I'm unsure on how to overlap the data so we can see the direct comparison. 

| multisearch
[search index="physec_app_lenel" EVDESCR="Access Granted" READERDESC="TOK*" earliest="07/01/2020:20:00:00" latest="07/28/2020:23:00:00"
| eval Attendance="July"]
[search index="physec_app_lenel" EVDESCR="Access Granted" READERDESC="TOK*" earliest="02/01/2020:01:00:00" latest="02/28/2020:23:00:00"
| eval Attendance="February"]
| timechart span=1w dc(CARDNUM) by Attendance

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You should have two series (one called "February" and one called "July") with the same start and end times on a single graph.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

All you need to do is adjust the time range of one of the searches so it lines up with the other search.

| multisearch
[search index="physec_app_lenel" EVDESCR="Access Granted" READERDESC="TOK*" earliest="07/01/2020:20:00:00" latest="07/28/2020:23:00:00"
  | eval Attendance="July"]
[search index="physec_app_lenel" EVDESCR="Access Granted" READERDESC="TOK*" earliest="02/01/2020:01:00:00" latest="02/28/2020:23:00:00"
  | eval Attendance="February"
  | eval _time=_time + strptime("07/01/2020:20:00:00", "%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S") - strptime("02/01/2020:20:00:00", "%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S")]
| timechart span=1w dc(CARDNUM) by Attendance
---

msage
Path Finder

Hey thanks for the reply! I tried doing this but it seems to connect both series into one when I try

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You should have two series (one called "February" and one called "July") with the same start and end times on a single graph.
---
0 Karma

msage
Path Finder

I got it to work thank you so much for your help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...