Splunk Search

Compare items in lookup tables against auth logs

th3_ugm4n

Hi all! Pretty new to splunk so just seeing if this is even possible.

I have 2 lookups I have created, one that is users who are in our privileged access AD group (admins) and the other that is machines that are in the same group.

What I am trying to do is see who from the USER lookup has logged into which machine in the MACHINE lookup, by using the auth logs that are pumped into splunk.

I am trying the search below but I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it

index=auth EventCodeDescription="An account was successfully logged on" [|inputlookup users.csv][| inputlookup machines.csv]

I've also tried with the below but also no luck

index=auth EventCodeDescription="An account was successfully logged on" user=inputlookup users.csv src=inputlookup machines.csv

Any help from the community would be great!

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

DO the field names in the .csv's match the field names returned by the search e.g. if the search returns username and the csv lookup returns userid, you would need to rename the field in the inputlookup subsearch so that it matches.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...