Splunk Search

How to compare data between two business weeks using time chart excluding weekends?

Devi13
Path Finder

Hello Team,

Could you please suggest on how to create an overlapping graph which compares this week's data and previous week's data excluding weekends.

Any help is very much appreciated.

My base search is very simple.
index=my index source=/.log '#search string#'
| time chart span=1h count(_raw) by host

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Repeat the first two lines - timechart adds the times back in, but the good thing about it is that if there are any hours without any events, you still get zeroes for those hours. If you use chart or stats instead, the times without events don't appear at all.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Devi13
Path Finder

Greatt! Thank you so muchh for your help 🙂

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval day= strftime(_time,"%w")
| where day > 0 AND day < 6
| timechart span=1h count by host
| timewrap 1w align=end

Devi13
Path Finder

Hello, 

Thank you so so much , it works like a charm.

But I still get weekends in the results, is there a way to exclude them?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Repeat the first two lines - timechart adds the times back in, but the good thing about it is that if there are any hours without any events, you still get zeroes for those hours. If you use chart or stats instead, the times without events don't appear at all.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...