jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

I have two searches:

Search A
index=my_idx sourcetype=my_st Name=conference Message= joined
| stats count by _time Paticipant Conference Display Name Location Protocol

Search B
index=my_idx sourcetype=my_st Name=conference Message= disconnected
| stats count by _time Participant Conference Duration  DisplayName Location Protocol

I would like create a table that combines the Duration field with all the fields from Search A.  I would then like to include a column for the join time and the disconnect time that correlates to the value of Duration.

The output would look like this:

Seach C Out Come

Participant Conference Join_Time Disconnect_Time Duration DisplayName Location Protocol

Thank you,
Jason H.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=my_idx sourcetype=my_st Name=conference (Message=joined OR Message=disconnected)
| eval joined_time=if(Message="joined",_time,null())
| eval disconnected_time=if(Message="disconnected",_time,null())
| stats values(Duration) as Duration values(joined_time) as joined_time values(disconnected_time) as disconnected_time by Participant Conference  DisplayName Location Protocol

View solution in original post

Tags (1)

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=my_idx sourcetype=my_st Name=conference (Message=joined OR Message=disconnected)
| eval joined_time=if(Message="joined",_time,null())
| eval disconnected_time=if(Message="disconnected",_time,null())
| stats values(Duration) as Duration values(joined_time) as joined_time values(disconnected_time) as disconnected_time by Participant Conference  DisplayName Location Protocol
Tags (1)

jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

@ITWhisperer This is great, thank you!

The Duration field display the duration as a value such as 3402.578  I believe this is to be in seconds and miliseconds.  How would I change this to hh:mm:ss?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

| eval Duration=tostring(Duration,"duration")
Tags (1)

jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

@ITWhisperer 

I did try this: | eval Duration = strptime(Duration, "%H:%M:%S")
But the out come is like 19:00:10, which doesn't seem possible me.

But your solution did the trick.  I didn't know you could use tostring like that.  

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...