Splunk Search

Combine inputcsv and search to create a gauge

ccsfdave
Builder

I am trying to create a gauge where the green, yellow, red are dynamically adjusted using average and percentages for similar traffic over the past 30 days. The 30 day search takes a while so what I would like to do is run it overnight and dump it to a csv. I would then like to run todays numbers on the fly and apply the results (the needle in the gauge) to the csv results.

This is where I am with it:

index=msad "EventCode=4624"  earliest=-1d@min |stats count as today| append[|inputcsv start=29 max=1 YsForGauge.csv] | table today average Eighty Ninety-Five

This results in a table:

today          average          Eighty          Ninety-Five
                1255.633333 2016    2257

So the results are in two rows of the resulting table. What I would like to do is replace the table with

gauge today 0 average Eighty Ninety-Five

But is failing. Help?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ccsfdave
Builder

Figured it out, not just append but appendcols puts it in one row and then gauge works!

index=msad "EventCode=4624" earliest=-1d@min |stats count as today| appendcols [|inputcsv start=29 max=1 YsForGauge.csv] | gauge today 0 average Eighty Ninety-Five

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

Figured it out, not just append but appendcols puts it in one row and then gauge works!

index=msad "EventCode=4624" earliest=-1d@min |stats count as today| appendcols [|inputcsv start=29 max=1 YsForGauge.csv] | gauge today 0 average Eighty Ninety-Five

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...