Column order in statistics table created by chart is wrong

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a command

host="daily" | chart count by Company, date_mday

which shows the fields

Company, 1, 10, 11, 15, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, Other

I want the column order to be numerically ordered by day of month and I want all columns displayed for all results, so I need to specify widths for the table.

How do I do this?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

host="daily" | eval mday = if(date_mday<10,"0".date_mday,date_mday) | chart useother=false limit=0 count by Company, mday | fillnull count value=0

This should get you most of the way there. It might need adjusted to fill in the null counts.

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

host="daily" | eval mday = if(date_mday<10,"0".date_mday,date_mday) | chart useother=false limit=0 count by Company, mday | fillnull count value=0

This should get you most of the way there. It might need adjusted to fill in the null counts.

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks alacercogitatus! The eval statement shows me how to sort out the column ordering and the limit=0 makes it show all columns. useother in this case is redundant, but I understand where you're going with it. The fillnull simply added an extra 'count' column, but without it, it gave exactly what I needed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...