Column order in statistics table created by chart is wrong

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a command

host="daily" | chart count by Company, date_mday

which shows the fields

Company, 1, 10, 11, 15, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, Other

I want the column order to be numerically ordered by day of month and I want all columns displayed for all results, so I need to specify widths for the table.

How do I do this?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

host="daily" | eval mday = if(date_mday<10,"0".date_mday,date_mday) | chart useother=false limit=0 count by Company, mday | fillnull count value=0

This should get you most of the way there. It might need adjusted to fill in the null counts.

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

host="daily" | eval mday = if(date_mday<10,"0".date_mday,date_mday) | chart useother=false limit=0 count by Company, mday | fillnull count value=0

This should get you most of the way there. It might need adjusted to fill in the null counts.

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks alacercogitatus! The eval statement shows me how to sort out the column ordering and the limit=0 makes it show all columns. useother in this case is redundant, but I understand where you're going with it. The fillnull simply added an extra 'count' column, but without it, it gave exactly what I needed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...