Splunk Search

Chart with time grouping and multiple fields

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,
Iam trying to build the chart as below:
alt text

Here I am having two fields as X-Axis (one is Parameter and other is time)
Is there any way I could build this chart? I am using timechart with span of month to group but cant display Parameter.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't know if it's acceptable For you but, using eval command, you could build a new field that contains the other two and then chart by the new field:
It's important to Group events with the bin commands befote charting.
Something like this
Mysearch | bin span=1mon _time | eval column=_time+myfield | chart count by column
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't know if it's acceptable For you but, using eval command, you could build a new field that contains the other two and then chart by the new field:
It's important to Group events with the bin commands befote charting.
Something like this
Mysearch | bin span=1mon _time | eval column=_time+myfield | chart count by column
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

Thanks Cusello, thanks for the anwser.
I am good to go with newly formed axis labes like- Param1 Jan16, Param2 Jan16...Param1 Feb16, Param2 Feb16...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...