Splunk Search

Chart count with timespan

timyong80
Explorer

I have a query that produce a sample of the results below.

DateTimeNamespaceType
18-May-20sys-uatCompliance
5-May-20emit-ssg-ossCompliance
5-May-20sast-prdVulnerability
5-Jun-20portal-apiCompliance
8-Jun-20ssc-accCompliance

I would like to count the number Type each Namespace has over a period of time. The end result visualization chart should look like this.

chart.jpg

This would display the count of each Namespace (grouped by day or month) based on the time picker. For eample, sys-uat has a total 20 count Types for May and 9 count Types for June. This way, I can compare the counts each Namespace has side by side.

If I do this,

| timechart span=1month count by Namespace

the Namespace is split between the months.

chart2.jpg

I want each Namespace to be displayed side by side. For example, the blue bars should be side by side instead of being split. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample:

| tstats count where index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd* by _time span=1month sourcetype
| xyseries _time sourcetype count

viz >> Column Chart

why don't you try xyseries ?

recommend:

index=yours .....
| bin _time span=1month
| stats count by _time Namespace
| eval DateTime=strftime(_time,"%b-%y")
| xyseries DateTime Namespace count
0 Karma

skrajkumar_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try using Bin span to group all dates to corresponding months  and chart command instead of time chart like in below snippet

skrajkumar_splu_1-1591861322546.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...