Splunk Search

Change Pie Chart Color

vtsguerrero
Contributor

Hello guys!
Can anyone help me changin' the color for this search:

index=main sourcetype=file | stats count by REQUEST_STATUS | rename count as "Quantity"

I need a chart with green for few registers, yellow for medium registers and red for high frequency registers.

Thanks in Advance!

Bst Rgds!

1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is possible by assigning a particular color to your series. (charting.seriesColors)
see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/Viz/Chartcustomization#Chart_colors

You will need :

• to name your series (charting.legend.labels)
  • or to sort your series before (sort or a table )

View solution in original post

supertal3
Engager

I know this question is extremely old. (5 years now) But I've found a solution that works the way you want and for @ArkansIan and @Aftab_alam

Instead of using charting.seriesColors, use charting.fieldcolors.

Here's a quick example.
{"Informational":0x00812F , "Low":0x00CB09 , "Normal":0xFFC300 , "High":0xFF7400 , "Critical":0xFF0000}
This sets the color for each category as it shows up and is not dependent on if all the values lower than the highest are present or not.

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is possible by assigning a particular color to your series. (charting.seriesColors)
see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/Viz/Chartcustomization#Chart_colors

You will need :

• to name your series (charting.legend.labels)
  • or to sort your series before (sort or a table )

ArkansIan

The problem with this is that it is sequence.

For example, if you have "Low, Medium and High" defined with green, yellow and red defined and you only have high results, then the color for High will be green.

How do you specify a color for each result in a pie chart so that the colors in the chart generated are consistent?

0 Karma

Aftab_alam
Explorer

hi Arkanslan,
were u able to solve this? I have similar requirement. need to fix color for series.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...