Splunk Search

Change In Sourcetype Format

BookerT14
Engager

Before a change was made, data was originally being sent to Splunk in the example of { %a | %b | %c | %d }. Now after a change, more data is being sent but was placed in the middle of the original order {%a | %b | %e | %f | %c | %d}. Causing a conflict in mapping the fields from before the change and after, affecting dashboard graphs etc. Any way to synchronize the two without having to reformat the order of data?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If the fields truly are order-dependent like they appear, then someone did you a disservice by re-ordering them. Get them to put the new fields on the end.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about your field extraction?

is that done at index time or search time?

if it’s happening at search time, you could change your extractions.

I see %a is %a before and after so the existing fields are not changed, only new fields are added. In my opinion it will work if can change field extraction.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

BookerT14
Engager

It is done at search time unfortunately, meaning index is key here. While the order stayed the same for some fields, some fields order was changed causing conflict in extraction.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If the fields truly are order-dependent like they appear, then someone did you a disservice by re-ordering them. Get them to put the new fields on the end.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

BookerT14
Engager

Thank you, this is the direction I moved forward with.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...