Splunk Search

Can you help me with the following stats data query?

jip31
Motivator

Hello,

I use the request below

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | eval time = strftime(_time, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M")  | dedup time | sort -time | table time host Type EventCode Message

I try to do a count by type and by time, but for time, i just need to take into account the month.

I need the same things but by type, by host, and by month.

could you help me please???

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@jip31,
Try extracting the month(with year)and do the stats

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | eval time = strftime(_time, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M")  | dedup time | sort -time | eval mon=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m")|stats count by mon,type

Also, if you are using dedup by time , then it deletes all duplicates just based on time and might affect your count

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

To remove duplicates on time and count by eventcode:

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | dedup _time | bin span=1mon  _time| stats count values(Message)  by EventCode Type host _time

If the field date_month is available, you could use that instead of _time, if you wished.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Try this-

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | bin span=1mon  _time| stats count values(Message) values(EventCode) by Type host _time
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

hi its close of want i want but there is mistake in the count
on my computer i have :
- october : 3 Avertissement with EventCode 51
- September : 2 Avertissement with EventCode 51 and 4 Erreurs with EventCode 11
So i have 9 events
In your count i have for example 386 Avertissements with EventCode 51 in September!

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Yes but my main problem is the count which is false
when i look my events i have a lot of events which the same time
for example : 10/04/2018 05:44:47 AM
due to this piece of code bin span=1mon _time i cant do a dedup time
have you an idea please??

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@jip31 If you want to do the count by Eventcode then try the below code

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | bin span=1mon  _time| stats count values(Message)  by EventCode Type host _time
0 Karma

3no
Communicator

I'm not sure to understand your request, but I think it should look like someting like that :

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | timechart span=1month count by Type 

Is that what you're looking for ?

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@jip31,
Try extracting the month(with year)and do the stats

index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | eval time = strftime(_time, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M")  | dedup time | sort -time | eval mon=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m")|stats count by mon,type

Also, if you are using dedup by time , then it deletes all duplicates just based on time and might affect your count

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Hi i have no result with your query even if when i do index=windows sourcetype="wineventlog:system" SourceName="Disk" (EventCode=7 OR EventCode=11 OR EventCode=51 OR EventCode=52) Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" OR Type="Erreur" | i have results

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@jip31,
are you getting results after eval mon=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m") and also change type to Type

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

yes it was due to Type renjith, many thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...