If no, is there any alternative?

for example

index = idx1 | regex name = ^Aa or id = ^101

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mtranchita
Communicator

If I follow your question it should just be a matter of crafting your expression properly
simple example:

index = idx1 | regex name="\w|\d"

Should return results where the value of the field called name is a word or digit character

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mtranchita
Communicator

If I follow your question it should just be a matter of crafting your expression properly
simple example:

index = idx1 | regex name="\w|\d"

Should return results where the value of the field called name is a word or digit character

0 Karma

aashish_122001
Explorer

Can we use upper function also to make the regular expression search case insensitive or is there any other way ?

0 Karma

mtranchita
Communicator

Yes, you should be able to use any valid PCRE.
Splunk's documentation can explain this much better than I:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/Knowledge/AboutSplunkregularexpressions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...