Splunk Search

Can't get my chart to sort

peterimbery
Engager

Here is my query

index="myIndex" AND host="myHost" AND ObjectName="myObjectName"
| eval secondsEpoch = GroupDateTime/1000
| eval displayDate=strftime(secondsEpoch,"%m-%d %H:%M")
| chart sum(RecordCount) over CallingClass by displayDate
| sort 0 -GroupDateTime
alt text

GroupDateTime is a time that I am logging to splunk it contains an epoch time in milliseconds.

No matter how I sort my data it comes out looking like this. What I want is the latest date on the left column. I have even tried to chart by CallingClass over GroupDateTime and that doesn't work either. I even tried _time.

I have tried for several days to get this to work and can't find a solutions. I suspect it is probably something easy.
I am new to splunk so some solutions I didn't understand or couldn't get to work.

0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
|chart limit=0 useother=f usenull=f sum(RecordCount) as RecordCount by displayDate CallingClass
|sort 0 - displayDate
|transpose 0 header_field=displayDate column_name=CallingClass

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
|chart limit=0 useother=f usenull=f sum(RecordCount) as RecordCount by displayDate CallingClass
|sort 0 - displayDate
|transpose 0 header_field=displayDate column_name=CallingClass

peterimbery
Engager

That's the ticket! Thank you so much! Now I can look into the things I don't understand and learn from this!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...