Splunk Search

Can't get my chart to sort

peterimbery
Engager

Here is my query

index="myIndex" AND host="myHost" AND ObjectName="myObjectName"
| eval secondsEpoch = GroupDateTime/1000
| eval displayDate=strftime(secondsEpoch,"%m-%d %H:%M")
| chart sum(RecordCount) over CallingClass by displayDate
| sort 0 -GroupDateTime
alt text

GroupDateTime is a time that I am logging to splunk it contains an epoch time in milliseconds.

No matter how I sort my data it comes out looking like this. What I want is the latest date on the left column. I have even tried to chart by CallingClass over GroupDateTime and that doesn't work either. I even tried _time.

I have tried for several days to get this to work and can't find a solutions. I suspect it is probably something easy.
I am new to splunk so some solutions I didn't understand or couldn't get to work.

0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
|chart limit=0 useother=f usenull=f sum(RecordCount) as RecordCount by displayDate CallingClass
|sort 0 - displayDate
|transpose 0 header_field=displayDate column_name=CallingClass

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
|chart limit=0 useother=f usenull=f sum(RecordCount) as RecordCount by displayDate CallingClass
|sort 0 - displayDate
|transpose 0 header_field=displayDate column_name=CallingClass

peterimbery
Engager

That's the ticket! Thank you so much! Now I can look into the things I don't understand and learn from this!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...