Splunk Search

Can Search Head Pooling be enabled at install time?

chris
Motivator

We would like to automate the installation of our search heads (we use puppet on a Solaris environment) is there an installation option to enable search head pooling when you install?

I'd prefer not to copy/move the files under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps around if I do not have to.

Thanks for helping,

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi chris

in Puppet you are able to run commands as part of the install/setup, therefore you can execute the splunk cli

splunk pooling enable <path_to_shared_storage>

as written in the docs

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi chris

in Puppet you are able to run commands as part of the install/setup, therefore you can execute the splunk cli

splunk pooling enable <path_to_shared_storage>

as written in the docs

chris
Motivator

That is more or less what we are doing. We copy server.conf and etc/users & etc/apps to the right place with puppet after the installation of the package. It felt a bit "unclean" and I thought that there might be an easier way. But this approach works so I guess it is ok.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...