Splunk Search

Can I search with case insensitive fields.

iet_ashish
Explorer

Hello there,

Is there a way to address all fields case insensitively.
To illustrate my point I have this query,

index=*aws_config* resourceType="AWS::EC2::Volume" 
| eval tag_CostCenter=If(isnotnull('tags.Brand.CostCenter') OR isnotnull('tags.brand.costcenter') OR isnotnull('tags.brand.Costcenter' OR isnotnull('tags.brand.costCenter' OR isnotnull('tags.brand.COSTCENTER' OR isnotnull('tags.brand.costCENTER'), "Yes", "No")

My data can have fields CostCenter, costCenter, COSTCENTER and many other case variations (And there can be tens of variations). Currently I am handling them by separating each variation with an OR. Is there a way to collectively query on all such case variations of a a field name instead of using multiple OR clauses.
I know we can use coalesce or field aliases but that still means that I need to specify all possible field names somewhere.

Thanks.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

first, make table and use transpose and lower

index=*aws_config* resourceType="AWS::EC2::Volume" 
| table tags*
| transpose 0 column_name=tags
| eval tags=lower(tags)

so, aggregate these bystats ...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...