Splunk Search

Can I schedule a search that writes to a lookup table?

ilhwan
Path Finder

I have a search that writes to a lookup table.  I would like to run this search once a month and update (overwrite) the lookup table.  I see that I can schedule reports, dashboards, and alerts.  Is it possible to do it with a search that writes to a lookup table file?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

johnhuang
Motivator

You can do this with schedule report or alert. As long as you have an outputlookup in the query, it should update the lookup.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

Just add the outputlook command to the end of your search query.

| outputlookup <lookup_file_name>.csv

0 Karma

ilhwan
Path Finder

That is part of the search I run manually to update the lookup table.  I'm trying to figure out how to schedule it to run monthly.

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

You can do this with schedule report or alert. As long as you have an outputlookup in the query, it should update the lookup.

0 Karma

ilhwan
Path Finder

Thank you.  I was confused by the wording.  I thought my search had to output a report or a dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...