Splunk Search

CPU Metrics JSON file already indexed - sum values under multilevel grouping by different multilevel names

ChrisFontana
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello,

This is my first question here, since I don't know how to look for the solution. I tried to resolve this case on the past three days, but I was not able to.

From the NJMON (JSON format for NMON) I got some multilevel fields and I'm trying to perform a graph to display the cpu utilization of sys, user, wait versus total (sys+wait+idle+user). The problem is not with the math, but how to group this information by CPU number level. This is how I got the structured data from NJMON:

cpu_physical: { [-]
     cpu0: { [-]
       idle: 0
       sys: 0
       user: 0
       wait: 0
     }

cpu1: { [-]
     }

cpu10: { [-]
     }

So, basically, I have the field: cpu_physical.cpu0.idle, cpu_physical.cpu0.sys, cpu_physical.cpu0.wait, cpu_physical.cpu0.user, cpu_physical.cpu1.idle, cpu_physical.cpu1.wait, cpu_physical.cpu1.sys, cpu_physical.cpu1.user ...

I could have in the same System 4 CPUs to 64 CPUs, so I cannot perform that only using | eval CPU0.idle+CPU0.wait+....

Basically, this is what I need as the final output in a table format:

CPU#  (Idle)  (Wait)  (Sys)  (user)

CPU0   10%  12%     13%    16%

CPU1  15%   15%     44%     67%

CPU2    XX%  16%     X%     X%

CPU3  XY%     X%       ...          ...  

So, with this results, I would be able to calculate the Wait+User+System / Wait+User+System+Idle per CPU.

Any hints or ideas about how to make this? Sorry if the text is quite confusing, I don't know how to explain it shortly and maybe this is why I was not able to find the solution.

Thank you very much!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...