Splunk Search

Blind mask with eval

dabroma5
Explorer

Hi, 

I would like to count how many times "Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict" message occurs in the log. 

index="xx" OR index=main host="xxx" "booking failed" source="/opt/ipath/log/main.log" NOT update NOT Details  
 | eval Reason = case( bookname="failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict\"", "Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict" )
| stats  count by Reason

old logline:

"2021-05-11 13:59:39,615 backend_7.20.47: INFO services/PathManagerService(backend): Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict"

new logline:

"2021-06-27 14:24:33,513 backend_8.20.26: INFO vip.service.PathManagerService Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict [1930711-4]"

After the system upgrade, I don't know how to ignore [1930711-4] part.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dabroma5 

Can you please try this for your both logs?

index="xx" OR index=main host="xxx" "booking failed" source="/opt/ipath/log/main.log" NOT update NOT Details  
 | eval Reason = case( like(bookname,"failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict%\""), "Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict")
| stats  count by Reason

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are a number of ways to do this, here is one

| rex field=bookname "(?<Reason>Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict)"
| stats  count by Reason
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dabroma5 

Can you please try this for your both logs?

| eval Reason = case( like(bookname,"failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict%\""), "Booking failed with 1 source conflict and 1 destination conflict")
| stats  count by Reason

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

dabroma5
Explorer

Thanks, this one suits me best.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...