Splunk Search

Blank rows in table

DonDandrea
Path Finder

I am creating a table and simply reordering the fields from events. When I view the table there are random blank rows. How can I eliminate those rows?

index=mainframe sourcetype=dalystat INTVCICS | eval _time = strptime(time,"%m/%d/%y ;%H:%M") | table System TranName APPLID TranCount AvgRespTm AvgCPUtm DB2Requests AvgDB2waitTime MQRequests AvgMQwaitTime AdabasRequests AvgADABASwaitTime

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DonDandrea
Path Finder

This problem worked itself out. I added time to the table and there are no longer any blank rows.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

arihant16cse
Path Finder

.....|dedup ,....

0 Karma

arihant16cse
Path Finder

in the above case you can do this steps......
1. write your query
2. then write this |dedup "column name",. . . . .
3.then run your query

0 Karma

DonDandrea
Path Finder

This problem worked itself out. I added time to the table and there are no longer any blank rows.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What does the table look like before reordering the columns?

0 Karma

DonDandrea
Path Finder

All of the fields are blank. There is nothing to match. When I click on the blank events to drill in and figure out what the events are I get no results found.

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

Those fields might not have data.

Eg: Lets say you have System= ABC and there is no corresponding data for other fields for that system in an event, then the table command will just list System and give blank result for the rest.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...