Splunk Search

Average Count doesn't show?

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I have this query

earliest=-4d index=wls OR index=main "ServletRequestImpl.java:2768" OR "rest path:/rest spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception"|stats count avg(count) by host

And the results look like this

alt text

The count shows but no average count.... what am I missing?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try.

earliest=-4d index=wls OR index=main "ServletRequestImpl.java:2768" OR "rest path:/rest spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception"| bucket span=1d _time |stats count  by _time host | stats sum(count) as count avg(count) as avg by host

Replace avg with trend line for other requirement.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try.

earliest=-4d index=wls OR index=main "ServletRequestImpl.java:2768" OR "rest path:/rest spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception"| bucket span=1d _time |stats count  by _time host | stats sum(count) as count avg(count) as avg by host

Replace avg with trend line for other requirement.

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

Thanks somesoni2!!! Worked great!!!

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can't use avg(count) as the field count is not available before stats. What you want to show in avg count?

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

the average by day for each host

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

I'm guessing the same applies for Trendline?

earliest=-45d index=wls OR index=main "ServletRequestImpl.java:2768" OR "rest path:/rest spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception"|timechart  span=1d count by host| trendline sma2(count) as Trend

On this query I get the same count by host but no trendline

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...