Splunk Search

Appendpipe alters field values when not null

ebs
Communicator

Hi,

I'm inserting an appendpipe into my SPL so that in the event there are no results, a stats table will still be produced.

However, I am seeing differences in the field values when they are not null. Can anyone explain why this is occurring and how to fix this?

Labels (6)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ebs 

Well if you want to display the Tier for which the events are not available OR has no count, I think append pipe or append column will not help you.

But as you are doing  transpose and fields in you further searches I would like to suggest you below search.

YOUR_DATAMODEL_SEARCH 
| stats count as averageResponse by Tier
| eval averageResponse=round(averageResponse,3)
| transpose 0 header_field="Tier"
| eval _time=now()
| fields unaithenticated,highPriority,lowPrioriy,unattended,largePayload _time
| fillnull value=0.000 unaithenticated,highPriority,lowPrioriy,unattended,largePayload

My Sample Search :

| makeresults | eval Tier="unaithenticated,highPriority,lowPrioriy",Tier=split(Tier,",") | stats count as averageResponse by Tier
| eval averageResponse=round(averageResponse,3)
| transpose 0 header_field="Tier"
| eval _time=now()
| fields unaithenticated,highPriority,lowPrioriy,unattended,largePayload _time
| fillnull value=0.000 unaithenticated,highPriority,lowPrioriy,unattended,largePayload

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ebs 

have you tried appendcols ?

0 Karma

ebs
Communicator

Using appendcols, there are still differences

lowPriority, unattended, and largePayload still differ from the values when not using an appendcol/appendpipe

0 Karma

ebs
Communicator

0 Karma

ebs
Communicator

SPL results when there is no appendpipe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...