Splunk Search

Append values as 0 with time for search and subsearch

avaishsplunk
Path Finder
 In my search query, I have 2 searches

1. This gives stats for today

2. This gives stats for the period entered as parameters to the panel (which is a) Last week same day/time b) Last month same day time c) Yesterday same day/time

The issue i am facing is if we have no events for 1 and 2, I need to show 0 as stats for both the mentioned criteria's along with dates

e.g.

Date Requests
 12/31/2016 0
 12/30/2016 0

same as

12/31/2016 --> 0
 12/24/2016 ---> 0

I need the above so that i can put a single value field with trend charts

[| gentimes start=-1 
 | eval earliest=if(lower(strftime(now(),"%A"))="monday", "-3d@d", "-1d@d") 
 | eval latest=if(lower(strftime(now(),"%A"))="monday","-3d@s", "-1d@s")
 | table earliest, latest | format "" "" "" "" "" ""] index=yy sourcetype=zz
 | search "xx"
 | spath output=OpName path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.operationName
 | spath output=EvType path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.eventTypeCode
 | spath output=state path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.state
 | spath output=Line_Count path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.recordCount
 | spath output=Org_Code path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.attribute1
 | spath output=TimeZone path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.attribute2
 | spath output=ccpath=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.attribute3
 | eval combined=mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(OpName,EvType),state),Line_Count),Org_Code),TimeZone),cc)
 | mvexpand combined|eval combined=split(combined,",")
 | eval OpName=mvindex(combined,0)
 | eval EvType=mvindex(combined,1)
 | eval state=mvindex(combined,2)
 | eval Line_Count=mvindex(combined,3)
 | eval Org_Code =mvindex(combined,4)
 | eval TimeZone =mvindex(combined,5)
 | eval cc=mvindex(combined,6)
 | where OpName="abc"|append
 [search earliest=@d index=yy sourcetype=zz
 | search "xx"
 | spath output=OpName path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.operationName
 | spath output=EvType path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.eventTypeCode
 | spath output=state path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.state
 | spath output=Line_Count path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.recordCount
 | spath output=Org_Code path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.attribute1
 | spath output=TimeZone path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.attribute2
 | spath output=CDC_RDC path=payload.gpmGenerateEventLogs.gpmGenerateEventLog{}.attribute3
 | eval combined=mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(OpName,EvType),state),Line_Count),Org_Code),TimeZone),CDC_RDC)
 | mvexpand combined
 | eval combined=split(combined,",")
 | eval OpName=mvindex(combined,0)
 | eval EvType=mvindex(combined,1)
 | eval state=mvindex(combined,2)
 | eval Line_Count=mvindex(combined,3)
 | eval Org_Code =mvindex(combined,4)
 | eval TimeZone =mvindex(combined,5)
 | eval cc=mvindex(combined,6)
 | where OpName="abc"]
 | bucket _time span=1d
 | stats sum(Line_Count) AS Requests by _time

Any help on this pls

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Did you solve this issue to your satisfaction? You are pulling a lot of unneeded data just to produce a line plot of requests by _time, and that somewhat obscured the question.

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

Have you tried the makecontinuous command?

Makes a field on the x-axis numerically continuous by adding empty buckets for periods where there is no data and quantifying the periods where there is data.

0 Karma

avaishsplunk
Path Finder

Sorry that will not help, as i need to show a single value with a trend comparison showing with Yesterday, Last Week, last Month

so basically user will select an option parameter say last week then my output should show todays value with a trend line having last week value of same time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...