Splunk Search

Any intellisense enhancements / plug-ins?

mwagstaff
Explorer

Hi all - are there any intellisense plug-ins that enhance the existing Splunk search bar? A few examples of enhancements that I think would be really helpful:

• If I start typing the name of a macro that isn't in my search history, it would be great to have it appear in the dropdown with syntax description, search details, etc.
  • Auto completion of field names would be cool, with perhaps the top 10 values appearing in the dropdown to give a preview of what data is contained within said field
  • Tag name auto completion
  • More detailed and expanded examples of usage and syntax for search keywords, with links to the appropriate help page on the Splunk site
0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

I think for the first three points of yours they would be enhancement requests.

However, for your last point, are you aware of the documentation on the search commands

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.2.3/SearchReference/WhatsInThisManual

This should contain all you need, also when you do start to type the command in the search bar there will be a drop-down that appears and informs you of the usage and some examples, also there will be a link, "help", which links to the relevant page in the documentation above.

Regards,

Matt

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...