Splunk Search

How to get All legend names to be displayed in Piechart View?

vn_g
Path Finder

( | stats count by app ) I have 30 apps to be displayed in a Piechart format. But in visualization i can view only 14 of them are showing the label names of the app. Why all the 30 apps not getting displayed? Mostof them which have fewer count are showing the labels.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| makeresults count=100
| streamstats count
| eval count=count+64
| eval key=printf("%c",count)
| where match(key,"[A-z]")
| eval count=random()
| table key count

Displaying with14 label is too small

0 Karma

vn_g
Path Finder

Yes, If I run this query, I could almost more than 20 labels being displayed even if the value is too small. Can you explain how? So , I can reflect the same to my query.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

piechart.pngThat's about it for options.
I'm not sure about queries.

0 Karma

vn_g
Path Finder

I tried the same option. Still no luck. Attached the screenshot.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Maybe that value is less than 1%.
You can do something like 0.1, so try it.

0 Karma

vn_g
Path Finder

I have given minimum size as 0%  and 0.1% and tried, but no luck. Still the same view.

0 Karma

vn_g
Path Finder

I have given minimum size as 0% , so i could see all the classifications in the piechart graph but not the labels. I do not want them to classify under Others.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vn_g,

probably it's a visualization limit of the Pie Chart's labels.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

vn_g
Path Finder

Yes. Is there any option available in xml to increase this limit?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vn_g,

by default in Pie chart are visualized only field values that have more than 5% of the total data, the other are in "Others" as ayou can see at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.1/Viz/PieChart

To avoid this, see in Format of the Pie Chart: there's an option "Minimun size" that says the minimum size of values to aggregate in others when there are more than 10 slices.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

nordinethales
Explorer

Hello,

depending on number of slices you are showing and their value, in your graph, what will help is to use  following options

<option name="charting.chart.sliceCollapsingThreshold">0</option> or minimum size in the UI

and increase the height of the graph itself, using <option name="height">1000</option> option.

before with height=500

nordinethales_2-1655720012659.png

After with <option name="height">1000</option>

and  <option name="charting.chart.sliceCollapsingThreshold">0</option>

nordinethales_1-1655719992348.png

Regards

Nordine

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...